Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Great Mouse Hunt


So an exciting thing happened yesterday morning at about 6:45am. Robyn and I did our usual routine of getting up that morning, I went into Paige's room to get her out of her crib and change her diaper, and Robyn went into the kitchen to get Paige her morning cup of milk. Now this morning was a little more unusual in that the night before Robyn had been imprisoned on our couch by a mouse who was running around on the floor. It was with that knowledge that we started our day, and what a start it was. Seconds after lifting Paige from her crib we heard three loud shrieks from the kitchen. When Robyn had entered the kitchen she turned on a light, and as she did that the mouse ran right past her toes and under our oven, not the best thing to get rid of the morning groggies but it definitely did the trick. So with no mouse traps in the house I took it upon myself to defend our home from this little invader who will be from here on referred to as Charlie. Knowing that it was still in the kitchen, I closed off all the exits, and proceeded to remove hiding spots. Charlie made his move from his hideout, and I grabbed the nearest thing I had to sub machine gun... my trusty "Oscar" broom. Robyn said that she could tell every time Charlie came into the open because I started crashing and banging things spazmaticly with "Os." I finally coaxed him into the open and corralled him in an open corner where I unleashed a payload hurt with old "Os," after which I pulled out my field knife, an empty corn can, and beat him with that just to make sure. The results, Aaron and Oscar 1, Charlie... dead!
In the heat of battle one gets a little carried away and I forgot to take pictures afterwards. I was more concerned with Paige trying to play dead little Charlie than with documenting the event. The above Photo is just a reenactment for the sake of this blog.

The End

4 comments:

jamesandheatherboldt said...

The Serengeti has its lions, elephants and hyenas. The great Kodiak makes its home in Alaska. The Mighty Alligator and Boa are home to the Amazon. But nothing quite compares to the Ferocious, Flesh Eating, Fire Breathing Rodent of Cranbrook British Columbia. Only The Great Hunter Aaron "Broom Broom" Hansen with all his agility, endurance, patience and nun-chuck skills is a match for the Cranbrrok Household Mouse.

jamesandheatherboldt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lil said...

That's an awesome experience~that we've had also, even with packrats in Colorado!! But Aaron, what I want to get at is about changing Paige's "dipper"! What kind of a dipper do you use???? And you had a "mourning" eh?? Yeah, this is a teacher commenting!! SO fun to read your blogs, though. Keep us smiling. =)

aaron, robyn, paige and payton said...

Thanks Lil. Now I'm paranoid about writing posts. I even spell checked this. I'll be watching yours for mistakes as well.